Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Back to Work

I left Valencia on Sunday night. I had a great time in Valencia and would love to go back to explore some of the areas outside of the city because I've seen pictures of some beautiful nature scenes along the sea. I spent Sunday exploring the old part of the city. I began the day with a cafe con leche at a cafe along the main road and then headed toward the cathedral where I was able to climb to the top of the church and have a spectacular view of Valencia. Other than that tourist experience, I just spent the day walking around, taking pictures, getting some tapas for lunch, and relaxing outside with my book (I'm reading about the Spanish Civil War.)

I started formal classes Monday with a company that has "schools" across the Spanish speaking world. It is a very different experience than I had with my tutor. I'm a bit frustrated with the way class is conducted and I let it all out to Erik on the phone this morning. I'm a bit more relaxed and I'm going to make an effort to adapt to their method and maybe I can say something to the teacher after I'm a bit more settled.

Other than that, I'm back to my life in Madrid.

No comments: