Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Yo Vivo en Madrid

Madrid Metro

Madrid Metro

I made it to Madrid! Yesterday I went into the office to get my apartment keys and spent the rest of the day walking around the area around the office. The office is in the center of the city, off the Gran Via.

Yesterday was overcast, so I did not get an opportunity to take pictures, but I have six weeks. The architecture is quite impressive in its grandeur. There are many buildings that have huge statues on their roofs. I am looking forward to a sunny day with my telephoto lens.

My days will be very intense, as I experienced today. I started with two hours of Spanish with a private tutor. After my lessons, I went to work in the shop in order to learn more technical and specific words which I will use in work conversation. My friend is the manager in the store I will be working in, so it makes it enjoyable. During my lunch, I ate quickly and then took a few pictures as the sun finally came out.

The rest of my day was spent training for my new job. Unfortunately I do not have internet in my apartment. Until I find a cafe with free wireless, I am stuck with working in the office during breaks. Oh, well

No comments: