Monday, February 12, 2007

CNN, where art thy integrity?

CNN has been on a downward spiral since the creation of Fox news. CNN has participated in a race to the bottom to compete with the Jerry Springer of news. When I'm around in the morning, or Erik and I are running late to work, we catch the late morning show featuring Tony Harris. This guy drives me insane! I reached my breaking point as I was packing this morning for Madrid. Here is my letter to CNN:


Dear CNN,

As if your lack of serious coverage of the world's events wasn't bad enough, you have Tony Harris reporting the news. This "reporter" should be an embarrassment to CNN. He has the journalistic depth of a small town sports reporter for a Fox News affiliate. Seriously CNN, it is hard for me to stomach listening to the good reporting you have from real journalists like Christian Amanpour and Michael Weir, when I know that I am going to have to listing to this laughing fool, Tony Harris, when the real report is over. I'm sorry, but we are at war and there are serious issues to discuss on the news, and Tony Harris seems to find something funny in everything he does while looking bored when there are important reports because he can't find a humorous segue into or out of the story.

Frustrated CNN viewer

No comments: