Saturday, February 24, 2007

Weekday Sightseeing Pt. 2

After the museums I saw on Thursday, I made my way to two interesting sights in Madrid. The first was the Plaza de Espana and the second was The Temple of Debod. The Plaza de Espana is in the heart of Madrid, off of Gran Via. In the center is a monument to Miguel de Cervantes. I was able to go to the Plaza right at sunset. My pictures, I think, are pretty cool. They are very rich because I didn't realize I left my camera's blue filter option on so my pictures are VERY blue. However, I think they have a cool effect.
plazaespana1
plazaespana2

The Temple of Debod is an ancient Egyptian temple which was rebuilt in Madrid in 1968, it was a gift from Egypt. The Spanish helped save some ancient temples in Egypt after the construction of a dam threatened several historical sites in Egypt. The temple was rebuilt in a park with amazing views of Madrid. The sunset on the park was amazing. My pictures can't do the scene justice. Also, as I mentioned, I had my blue filter on which took away a bit of the detail from the buildings in view.
temple1
madridvista1

No comments: