Friday, February 09, 2007

Three days until Madrid

For those of you who haven't heard the whole story, I found out about three weeks ago about my new job with Camper. I am going to be the merchandising manager for the U.S. Camper stores. It is a position I was interested in last year at this time. One of the main reasons I moved with Camper to New York was the hope that the company would create this position (I knew that the job would require living in New York). I will be in charge of the product in each store which includes ordering the product before the season and then managing the sales and stock levels as the season begins. I think it will be an exciting job because I've been very interested in our product(many of you have seen my shoe collection!) and it will be a great opportunity to travel the U.S. (L.A., Boston, Chicago, and San Francisco) as well as travel to Spain three to four times a year (and I'll be able to have more flexibility to travel to other European cities before and after my work trips to Spain).

Originally, I was told that I needed to train for my new job in Madrid for three months, without coming home. However, that has changed to about a month and a half. I leave for Spain on Monday and will return to the U.S. sometime around the end of March or beginning of April. I plan on keeping this blog up-to-date while I am in Madrid. Also, I know I'll be sending out some Kodak Gallery links because I bought a new camera to document my time in Madrid. (send me your email if you want to receive them)

No comments: