Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Two Days Off!!

I had two days off to myself yesterday and today, which was so nice. Because today was supposed to rain all day (which it didn't) I wanted to spend yesterday in Central Park, despite being overcast. I had a wonderful day hanging out on one of the several huge open spaces (I was on the Sheeps Meadow lawn). I had plans to meet my friend Billy for dinner and I had some time to kill by the time I was ready to leave the park. I headed to the new Apple store on 5th Ave which is amazing. Apple basically dug a hole and put an entrance on the street level. Apple As I was heading over to Columbus Circle to meet my friend, who works at the new Time Warner Center, I passed the Ritz Carlton on Central Park South. There was a huge group of people waiting outside the hotel as well as some paparazzi. As I've become celeb crazy living in New York, I thought I should see what the fuss was about: Jessica Simpson was waiting to leave the hotel. I took a very blurry picture, but you can totally make her out. Jessica I met Billy and had a great dinner at a Mexican place in Hell's Kitchen. Today I had three goals: go to an art gallery where a guy from my high school was having a solo show, see Hiral, a friend from Loyola, and pick up my new apartment keys. I saw Mathew's showing which was cool, considering I missed his show a few years ago by one day. I ate lunch at the NoHo Star which is a nice place north of where I work (for those who don't know the downtown area, NoHo is a little area north of Houston street. SoHo, where I work, is the area south of Houston). As I was making my way toward the subway to meet Hiral I saw Jeannie Garofalo on the street (Bleeker and Broadway). I was on the phone with Meghan and saw her walk by me. I literally hung up on Meghan, and was following Jeannie down the street, trying to turn on my camera (the batteries were in wrong). I caught up to her and asked her if I could take her picture with me. Garofalo I met Hiral for a quick drink as I had to pick up my keys for the apartment at five. It was really cool to hang out, if only for a bit, and I will be excited for her to come back to NYC as she is spending the summer in Chicago.

No comments: