Thursday, June 22, 2006

New Apartment and First day of Work

We ran up to Times Square to go to the Chase that can handle our Chicago Bank One accounts. We got our certified checks for the landlord and, much to our pleasant surprise we made it from Times Square, got to the apartment in Brooklyn, looked around the apartment again and signed the lease, and made it back to the Marcy stop on the JMZ in one hour. Not bad! Spiker and Matt dropped me off at work. Prince St Subway Work went well, although it is going to be a huge switch going from our tiny stockroom in Chicago, to a stockroom that has two different floors. Today was a very slow day by NYC standards, but very busy by Chicago standards. I had lunch at Peep with Matt and Spiker. Peep is a cool Thai place where the bathrooms have one-way mirrors so you can see the people eating, but they can't see you. We had a discussion about how it'd be cool to see a celebrity on my first day. Well, when I was back at work, one Ms. Whoppi Goldberg walked into the store. She was really awesome. The customer I was helping wanted to try on the shoes I was wearing, and Whoppi liked them and she ended up buying them! My co-worker Duane wanted a picture with her and of course I had my digital on hand. When it was my turn, the picture came out all blurry, but she was already gone when I looked, oh well, you get the idea. Whoppi and Nick

No comments: