Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Pride Sunday Re-cap

Well, yesterday was a long day at work. We had to do inventory which in the Chicago shop takes about an hour. Inventory in New York took until 1:00 a.m. last night. Needless to say, I didn't have time or energy to write about the Pride Parade. (I also missed Anthony Michael Hall who was in the store when I was on my lunch break).

For starters, the New York parade is much more wide open, unlike the Chicago parade where there are tons of people mashed onto the sidewalks, we didn't have to worry about finding space on the edge of the route. Hillary Clinton was walking with Mayor Michael Bloomberg, which was pretty cool. Other than that, there wasn't anything too exciting at New York's parade. (Maybe just a few more crazy costumes on people who seem to just want to walk in the parade and not be with a particular group or float) We poured various types of alcohol into water bottles, went to Chipotle and got large cups of water, and mixed our drinks on the sidewalk. (at one point we sent people back to Chipotle to get some food). The parade took about five hours and as usual, we drank the whole time. I was pretty tired and drunk by about 5:30 and I had a really bad headache. We went back to Spiker's friend Jill's place and I almost fell asleep. We had a fun day, but with all the events of the week (apartment hunting, starting a new job, etc) I was so tired that it was nice to go back to the apartment and spend the night with Matt before he had to go back to Chicago for work.
Pride NYC

No comments: