Monday, June 19, 2006

Pre-Move Insomnia

Had a long day today. Had brunch with Matt and Meghan at Silver Cloud. I hung out with Meghan at Filter (funny, I have never been in there before) after Matt left for a one day trip. I saw my roommate from sophomore year at Loyola walk by with his dad, totally random as Sara and I had just discussed the fate of Aaron. As I was walking back to Meghan's bike on her way to work, I had the first of many "almost" breakdowns. This weekend's whole "saying good-bye" routine is getting old, not because it takes time or I'm not enjoying the company, but because it is too much of an emotional roller coaster. Went down to Streeterville to meet Weiser and Lacey (good-bye number two of the day). We had a horrible experience waiting for our coffee products, but we got a free coupon for the next time, sweet! Lacey and Weiser just moved back to the city and it is really too bad I didn't have more time with them. Left them near their apartment and went to Michigan Ave where I took a cab back home. It was almost too much for me to sit and watch the mag mile fly by my window. I shed a few tears. Came home and did as much packing, cleaning and organizing as possible. Sara called me and had Erik pick me up to meet her and Toby and Kelly for a drink. Sara made this awesome going away present: a large card where she wrote and illustrated the many memories we've shared over the last five years together. I almost couldn't read it, cause I would have lost it. I held myself together when she walked me to the cab (but not when I read her going away card to Matt and me). It doesn't feel like I'm moving yet. It will tomorrow when I land in NYC.

It is 4:00 a.m. I just can't sleep.

No comments: