Thursday, April 10, 2008

Long Day, fun Night

I had a long day of work. Well . . . it felt long because we were inside when there was FINALLY some sun in Paris. We were all hungry at 11:30 because the hotel had a very small breakfast (I guess that is why it is called "petit dejeuner" ("small lunch" in English). Because we were starving, we got some typical French foods to go--quiche, baguettes with brie, etc.-- and ate while we worked. Instead of having a proper lunch break, my coworkers wanted a coffee break because we were stuffed from our snacks. I took the opportunity to snap some pictures of a church by the office. The style of the church, complete with flying buttresses, was similar to Notre Dame. After work, my coworkers and I walked to REAL Notre Dame and then, because our boss was still doing some work, we went to Montmarte to see the Sacre Coeur (photos above). There was a group of musicians singing "Spanish" songs (aka the two or three songs in Spanish that Americans know like La Bamba). It was a beautiful site--Montmarte is, I think, the highest point in Paris where you can see the whole city. This is the spot, according to Wikipedia, where it is believed the Jesuits were founded. Below is a photo of me in front of Notre Dame:

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: