Tuesday, September 04, 2007

curbed posting

One of my favorite blogs is called Curbed. They blog about real estate in New York City. While they often discuss uber-expensive condos, most of the entries are about new architecture in the city. They also discuss changing neighborhoods, for better or worse. (Williamsburg is in the thick of good/bad gentrification).
A couple of months ago, on my way to work, I noticed an old building beginning the condo conversion. The interesting thing about the building was that it featured amazing graffiti and artwork on its outside walls. The building was an ever-changing canvas with art in spray paint, paper, and mosaic forms. Well, when Erik and I were walking to the subway in Soho a week ago, we noticed a new add on the outside of the condo. I submitted the picture to Curbed and they posted it today!

some pre-renovation pictures of the building I took this spring:



No comments: