Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Long (and often winding) Road (Part One)

Our Journey is complete! I arrived in Chicago late Sunday afternoon at Midway. I was pretty emotional when I landed because the reality of the move finally set in. I felt like I was coming to cut my last official cord to Chicago. When I made it back to the Addison St apartment, I realized there was so much to do. Matt and spent the rest of the evening packing and doing anything we could to get the place in order. A couple friends who live in the hood came over to lend us some moral support (and some DQ Blizzards-thanks Mike and John). We still had a lot to do and we worked until about midnight when gave up and went to bed. After a little sleep, we woke up and got working before the movers showed up at 8:00. Heaven sent us Sara, who helped us pack the mini van to capacity. We finished around 3:45 and hit the road after we dropped off our cable box and modem at RCN. Leaving Chicago

No comments: